Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A year ago

I am certain every mommy does this.  It was such a bittersweet day. 
And to think a year ago...
I felt as though I was as big as the side of a barn.
I was anxious at the idea of getting this baby into the world.
I was excited to see if we were having a baby boy or a baby girl.
We were filled with nervous energy.
It was difficult to get a good night of sleep.
Then Wednesday, August 25, 2010...
I had been having contractions on and off for several days.  My doctor had advised me to not make my near hour drive each way to work anymore.  I was several centimeters dialated.
But yet, I wanted to wait.  I wanted our baby to come on his or her own.  So, we went to dinner.  I don't know what we had (probably mexican).  We watched tv.  I don't remember what we watched.  We tried to sleep.  Sleep eluded me because contractions became stronger and closer together.  I slept a little.
Thursday, August 26, 2010...
I told my sweet husband he wasn't going to work today.  I told him I would call the doctor while he loaded the car.  We had to take our first baby to doggie daycare to play and stay for the next few days.
At the doctor's office, I was told to go ahead over to the hospital.
The day had finally come for us to meet our baby.
The next few hours are a bit of a blur but a fantastic, amazing, thrilling blur.
Then at 7:52pm with the love of my life by my side, our baby girl was born.
Perfect.
August 26, 2011...
Can she really be one year old already?  Can she really be growing up this fast?  Can she really be crawling?  Eating real food?  Babbling and cooing?
Where did this year go?
It has been the most wonderful year of our lives.  It has been filled with new and exciting adventures.
We have been blessed with the most amazing little girl ever.  We are the luckiest parents ever.
God is so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your kind words...