Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lessons learned

This has been the best year of my life! I realize I haven't posted anything in a long time but we have been busy! Sorry for the delay but here are some of the lessons I have learned over this fantastic, sleepless, busy, exciting, anxiety-filled, and totally blessed year!
  • God is always in control. Jeremiah 29:11 tells us that God knows what He is doing, that He has it all planned out, and His plans include the future we've hoped for but there are still those days that you doubt everything. It is so reassuring to be able to hold tight to faith in a Father who really does have the whole world in His hands and release my "control".
  • I married the perfect man for me! My husband is amazing! He loves me unconditionally... even when I haven't showered today (or yesterday), when the house is messy, when I spend a bit more than I should at Publix, etc., etc., etc.! He is a man of faith and a man of his word. He is a fantastic daddy and his girl is the light of his life! (I knew I married the perfect man for me a long time ago but there is something so special about seeing the love of your life become the father to your baby... words don't do it justice)
  • Sleep is overrated. I am a big fan of sleep but I have come to understand that my baby girl's cry trumps sleep anyday of the week.
  • Organization is key! I would not consider myself an especially organized or OCD person but I have learned that a plan is crucial for a smooth day/week and a happier family! Dinner doesn't cook itself and the house doesn't clean itself (unfortunately) but it so nice to have a plan. My attempts at a plan also allow for lots of fun and less stress.
  • Support is essential. Support comes from all different areas and I do not know what we would do without our family and friends. God places people in your life at just the perfect time and I am so thankful for friends that have stood by us through life's ups and downs and new friends that are just beginning to "do life" with us!
  • Nothing sounds as sweet as the laughter of my baby! When she gets tickled and laughs so hard that she has trouble catching her breath... the best sounds in all the world!
  • Little moments mean the most. First thing on a Saturday morning, when we can all pile in the bed together and our girl gives us kisses, pets her buddy and giggles with love and delight... Every good and perfect gift comes from above (James 1:17)! Little moments are what make the best memories, treasures that are priceless!

My amazing family! Our first beach trip! Our first summer! Lots of firsts... lots of lessons learned... lots and lots and lots of love!
(updates on our sweet girl to come soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your kind words...