Monday, October 15, 2012

School!

As a former teacher, the beginning of a new school year is my favorite time of year!  I love the smell of new crayons and freshly sharpened pencils!  I love seeing clean desks with name tags still neat!  I love the nervous excitement of meeting new students and getting to know them!  I love all things that come with this fun time of year!

This year was especially exciting because we decided it was time for our girl to go to "school"!  This year I was the parent instead of the teacher and it was great!  After a slightly rocky start (long story and not worth repeating), God led us to a wonderful Parents Morning Out program at a church near our house!  Our girl was super excited to be going to big girl school!

Hubby stayed home long enough to take her to school with me.  She happily trotted into her big girl classroom without even a glance over her shoulder!  When I picked her up (a fast 4 hours later), she was playing and having a great time!  She did indulge her mommy and allow me one picture of her with her teacher on this first day!  We capped off this momentous day with a taco at our favorite Mexican restaurant!  Yummy end to a GREAT day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your kind words...